Oh it is so joyous to be a cynic. Ok I'll think I'll shut up about that now.
So why am I in such a bad mood right now? I nearly fell asleep during church this morning, and right now I can barely hold my eyes open...so you tell me to sleep more...I'd just tell you that it wouldn't do me any good. Here is my new favorite song, Arcade Fire's "Rebellion (Lies)"
Every time you close your eyes
Lies, lies!
Every time you close your eyes
Lies, lies!
Every time you close your eyes
Lies, lies!
Every time you close your eyes
Lies, lies!
The Oh! Gravity artbook is almost complete, its going to include a lot of sad faces, monetary puppets and golden dead eyes. So far I only have the title track and the front and backs left to do--the title track is taking a while because I can't get it the way I want, its a hard song to come up with a good picture for without drawing a whole ton of people strangling each other (reminds me of Anberlin's "Reclusion")
Lately I've been thinking about how much I do for the sake of holding up other people's expectations and how much I do for the sole sake of being me. And of course blog posts come in there too. How much do I write in the hopes of making people think I'm some sort of genius? Well, to death with that. If you think this blog is worthless, don't read it. I'm totally fine with that.
I'm sick of disappointments, sick of not caring about food, sick of grey skies and sick of the depression that comes with it, sick of stupid e-mail forwards about guns, American pride, and other idiotic nonsense. But don't worry, I'll be ok...this is just a rant coming out of the mouth of a emotionally insecure person who hates cliches, radio singles, and slow internets.
1 comment:
Stupid questions??? I beg to differ. What IS the purpose of a blog? I think this is a question that deserves an answer – why do you (or I) have a blog? Is it just merely to post thoughts so others can comment on them? Or is there a bigger purpose?
Sick of…hm…I don’t know if that is purely an emotionally insecure rant – there are times I feel the same way, although usually about different subjects…
By the way…the more I listen to the radio, the more and more I fully agree with the quote you have from Bono: “It's so sweet, I feel like my teeth are rotting when I listen to the radio.”
I don’t know what else to say – you’ll have to ask me sometime.
Post a Comment