God is not my equal.
What a profound, and yet obvious fact.
Often time I treat him as my equal, I think of him in terms of another person with whom I discuss things with--having the mentality that he is a "friend" and I do not need to do something his way just because he "suggests" (or commands) it. And other times feeling like he uses blackmail to get my surrender--"I'll keep you away from hell as long as you do what I say". And yet, if he is what he says he is--the maker of everything--than he is not my equal. For as the verse says "He who built the house has more honor than the house" (Hebrews 3:3), the maker is greater than what he has made. He is not just another opinion in the crowd of many and he's not a cruel friend with a power complex.
No comments:
Post a Comment