Currently Listening To: The Imposter - Kevin Max
Chaotic Resolve - Plumb
Waiting For Me To Listen To: Funeral & Neon Bible - Arcade Fire
Closer - Jars of Clay
Citsuca - Timmy Curran
Song Suggestion: "Closer" - Jars of Clay
Currently Reading: Myspace Generation - Candice Kelsey
So spring break is upon us. I don't know about everyone else in the world but my week is jam-packed with amazing things to do! Or perhaps a week full of things that I need to remember to do!
One of the things on my list is to re-arrange my wall. My bedroom is brown. Very brown. Brown walls, carpet, ceiling--my room is very brown. A year or so ago, I had the inspiration to pull out a ton of random photos, papers, posters and the like and tape them to my wall. This last week I have officially decided that its coming down. Why? At night I keep hearing these slipping and falling sounds, and one night I had my biggest poster on my lap like a little blanket and the other one on the floor by my bed like a doormat--I was not impressed. So sometime next week, its all coming down and the only things on my wall will be brownness and my Switchfoot posters--the posters because that is what posters are for, and they help me sleep at night [sarcasm].
Tomorrow, I'm attending the wedding of one of my best friends. So many people I know are getting married and growing up; I watch them from my rather faraway vantage point and hopefully learn from them. The passage of time is so strange. Almost strange enough to make Neverland somewhat appealing to me. So, I sit here typing, watching my friends and myself grow old. Its actually quite frightening. Not that I'm afraid to die, its the surreality of it all that is truly scary--yes, I am born, I live, I die. Is this a dream? No I know it isn't. But it still feels like one.
Scripture Passage Of The Day
“In that day the Branch of the Lord shall be beautiful and glorious; and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and appealing for those of Israel who have escaped. And it shall come to pass the he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy—everyone who is recorded among the living in Jerusalem. When the Lord has washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and purged the blood of Jerusalem from her midst, by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning, then the Lord will create above every dwelling place of Mount Zion, and above her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flaming fire by night. For over all the glory there will be a covering. And there will be a tabernacle for shade in the daytime from the heat, for a place of refuge, and for a shelter from storm and rain.” – Isaiah 4:2-6
No comments:
Post a Comment