Saturday, September 26, 2009

"I will try to fix you"

It's been a while since I've written a blog post...so here is a smattering of stuff. You can call it what you want to.

I finished a sorta biography [Come Be My Light] about Mother Teresa today. When I picked out the book I was not expecting a book full of letters from her to her confessor & bishop about a variety of things--but that being said it was an alright book. Reading this book really motivates me to pick up my copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church again. Not that I enjoy reading the CCC--its the doctrines that intrigue me (such as the guiding capabilities of the virgin Mary and the infallibility of some man titled 'the pope'--no disrespect intended)

I also picked up to books from the library today, Lord of the Flies and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I developed interest in the first mentioned through Stephen Christian (if you aren't familiar with him--fix that) and the second was recommended to me by a dear friend (you know who you are).

Musically speaking, I'm listening to Coldplay right now. Because, to be completely honest I do have a soft spot in my heart for their song "Fix You". Other than that....I'll stick to U2. Speaking of U2, I just bought quite a few songs by them from Amazon.com the other day. I'm still ticked that the only way to get my hands on "Window in the Skies" is to buy an entire hits album or other artists karaoke versions of U2 songs. Seriously, that's so dumb.

If this was an incredibly boring blog post....I'm sorry....I will try to fix you. (heh heh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mother Teresa = win. I love her. Coolest little old lady ever. :D

"some man titled 'the pope' "- hehe. Well, technically, that's what he is... ;)

Lord of the Flies- such an interesting book... I finally read it for the first time a few months ago, and I can see why it is such a staple of high school literature classes!

As for Fix You, somehow I just discovered the video for that song a few minutes ago. Great song! :)