I figured that its time to write something of an update, or something to fill the achieves of my blog in future bygones (or something similar to that).
The wretched white stuff is here, and it appears that it intends to be hangin' out with us for at least a week more--the idea of enduring whiteness and coldness has me shuddering already. I have never really been into snow for reasons that all rotate around my heh, social life...this year however, that danger isn't as large because all my close friends cluster around their computers just like I do. Unfortunately this snow has meant that the much anticipated hair cut will have to wait until extreme further notice...which has me in tears (but whatevah).
Winter break has given me a good chance to get all sorts of stuff done that I should have been industrious enough to have gotten done who-know-how-long-ago; I've been digging through my vast storage of fabric remains from the many sewing journeys that I have been stupid enough to embark on, and so far I've been rummaging through the collection and throwing my hands up in the air because I have no idea of what to do with a ton of blue satin and miles of silky skirt extras in every color ranging from black to bright pink.
Not that its all been bad, I designed my own bag (it took me an hour to figure out the dimensions and make a pattern), and I'm considering carrying it around at school for a place to stash my friends who look like knitting needles, crochet hooks, and yarn balls --now wouldn't that look positively nerdy? Also, I used quite a lot of this linen something-or-other fabric that was left over from a broomstick skirt that I never wear by making it into a handbag of sorts that I wouldn't be caught dead carrying around...heh. And then today, I cut out something that is akin to a scarf, out of this white embroidered fabric that has billions of clear plastic sequins sewed all over it, and then I tightly zig-zagged the edges so it wouldn't fray into a million threads after wearing it once.
Also when I was rummaging through my sewing basket, I unburied the beginnings of a sweater vest that I attempted to knit a couple of years ago but quit after the yarn broke for some unknown reason to me. After briefly looking at the pattern the other day, I promptly decided that the idea of that sweater vest was absolutely ridiculous and a total waste of soft pipe-cleaner maroon yarn. So instead, I've used one skein by making an unphotogenic hat that I couldn't describe for the life of me. But before the unphotogenic hat, I crocheted a very photogenic hat with multi-colored yarn that had been sitting around collecting dust for the past century.
Today, I also did the inevitable of actually vacuuming under by bed. This procedure involved actually going out into the cold whiteness to fetch the shop vac that was chillin' in the freezing garage. So I bundled up, borrowed some one's boots and trudged through six inches of snow and lugged the monster into my room and vacuumed up all yesterday's hair balls and black spiders. I felt very hard working this morning. :)
For the past week and a half (more or less) I've been reading a book titled Nothing Feels Good (titles like that intrigue me) by some Spin dude named Andy Greenwald. The book is about the emo subculture and its quite...heh heh...fascinating (if you like Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday and Dashboard Confessional that is). I intend to mutter more on here about emo-ness later on after I've digested all the ideas that have been shelved in my brain right along with Brave New World.
2 comments:
This has nothing to do with your post... but you're way out in our room and by the time I get out there I'll forget. Your misspelling got me lost on the Internet. You have "craziness" as "crazyness" and Mom would send you back to Kindergarten if she knew... lol jk. BTW... what do you officially call your site of blogging endeavers?
"endeavers"? Hm...sounds like a little remedial kindergarten is in store for more than one of you -- now, both of you must work together to help your little sister do her schoolwork (especially English).
I'd post a real comment, but I have a few other more serious things to think about at the moment than trying to write a serious comment on my friend's blog.
By the way, have you voted in the poll? http://glorifygodinallthings.blogspot.com
Post a Comment