Friday, January 9, 2009

"And though is may cost my soul, I'll sing for free"

So I love music; however the music I like is constantly changing, or well, the songs I like the best are constantly changing. I decided it would be fun to create a list of the songs I really like right now.

Shaded Pain - L.S.U.
a friend gave me a copy of an '87 album, by L.S.U called Shaded Pain. The title track is the slowest song on the album, and the most gripping.

how can we be forgiven
if we don't live our lives
we throw off all the shackles
then we wear the chains
shaded pain
we find out who we are
and then we lose our name
shaded pain
The Beautiful Letdown - Switchfoot
Recently I dug up The Beautiful Letdown album and gave it a spin as I was drawing an artbook for it, and I became attached to this song. This song is like my theme song to a certain degree; it's something that I find myself thinking, "I don't belong here..."
It was a beautiful letdown
When You found me here
Yeah, for once in a rare blue moon
I see everything clear
I'll be a beautiful letdown
That's what I'll forever be
And though it may cost my soul
I'll sing for free
Breathe - Anberlin
As way of confession, this is the only song I have from Anberlin's new album, New Surrender, and for being an Anberlin fan, that's rather shameful! This song is epic, and beautiful, so I love it, and Stephen Christian has an angel's voice.
I can finally breathe
Suddenly alive
I can finally move
What it feels revived
This long of a struggle
Finally opened up my eyes
Revolution's not easy
With a civil war on the inside
Learning How To Die - Jon Foreman
this song is kinda impossible to talk about, its just to sad to talk about I guess.
All along I thought
I was learning how to take
How to bend not how to break
How to live not how to cry
But really
I've been learning how to die
I've been learning how to die
New York - U2
Yes, this song is old (from 2000's All That You Can't Leave Behind), and yes, its probably a song that no one has heard--but I like it, I like it a lot. I discovered it for the first time last time I borrowed this album, it was epic, and I had never listened to it before...and I was shocked because I had missed it!
In New York I lost it all to you and your vices
Still I'm staying on to figure out my mid life crisis
I hit an iceberg in my life
But you know I'm still afloat

No comments: