Thursday, January 22, 2009

The un-hip list

Being un-cool, un-hip, etc is a sort of goal for me. I'm extremely sensitive to peer pressure in some ways, but in others I love the idea of being the exact opposite of whatever is fashionable...to be so totally not cool that people can spot it from miles away...heh heh. So I created a list of things to do so one can be considered the most "blank-ity blank un-hip person you ever knew."




1. When you see a group of people who think rap music is the absolute jam, walk over with a totally-not-rap-like-swagger and say, "Yo, I like Steve Taylor."




2. If mini skirts and tights are in,wear skirts that go past your knees instead(for girls only).




3. If curly hair is in, straigten yours (and vice versa).




4. When all your girl chums are mooning over the Jonas Brothers, insist that their singer has such a bad voice that your poor [insert pet or younger sibling here] cries when the JoBros come on the radio.




5. When your friends think Linkin Park is the best rock band out there, walk up and timidly say "I think Sufjan Stevens is inspiring" (and if they make fun of you come talk to me and I will say that I think Stevens is pretty radtastic myself)




6. When skulls and crossbones are in style, wear butterflies and ants instead.




7. If all your friends decide to wear either totally red or totally blue on election day, show up with blue pants and a red shirt...you will probably annoy both parties (you could also wear a sweatshirt that advertises one candidate, and a hat that advertises the other).




8. When hip-hop dancing is in, learn how to do Scandinavian folk dances.




9. haha, listen to Christian music and tell people you like it (if you really want to be uncool, say you like old style CCM, like Michael W. Smith...that is, if you yourself can stand it)



10. Tell people you think Bono has one of best voices in the world and then tell them to listen to "Miracle Drug".



11. Announce to the entire world that you really don't like Coldplay, and that really famous song by them is really boring! (Viva La Vida)



The saddest thing is, I shall never be totally un-hip!(at least not on the LOBH boards) I just so happen to like Anberlin.

No comments: